Linna Drehmel(Louisa Albrect)









Saturday, December 10, 2011

CHALLENGE: CONFESSION #1 LINDSAY DOWNS

IT IS MY PLEASURE TO BRING YOU THE CONFESSION OF MY MENTOR LINDSAY DOWNS AND DAKOTA...

Confessions From a Collie Hero


Folks, I’ll have to make this fast because Emily, you know her, Special Agent Emily Dahill, is due back soon and she hates it when I use the computer. Heck, she thinks I’m talking with my girlfriends in Scotland. Yeah, well she could be right. Okay, so maybe once or twice, a day. But she’s on it all the time talking to her fiancée, Jarrod. I ask you, is that fair or what.


Anyway, what I’d love to know is the why? Why is this series named after her. I mean really, Emily Dahill, CID Series. Talk about anemic. It’s got no oomph, no pizazz. The name just sits there like a steaming pile of poop on a cold day.


Look at the stories, who get the best lines. Her. But, who catches the bad guy? Me. And not only do I catch the bad guys or at least point out they had snuck into the area but I get the best and biggest fish. And what are my thanks, a can of dog food and dry kibbles. While she gets? Steak. Oh sure, she might toss me a bone now and then, pun intended, but only when she remembers to get the steak with one.

Let’s look again at the series title. Emily Dahill, CID Series. Well, what about Emily Dahill and Dakota Series. I mean, really, I do at least half the work so shouldn’t I get half credit. Big deal, I’m on the cover of the first book but no one knows that’s me much less that I’m the hero. Heck, I had a few blog friends even ask why I wasn’t on the cover. Once they realized I was the cute one with the fur, long nose and soft brown eyes they understood.


And the stories. Is there just once my name is mentioned in the title? NO. It’s Dog this or Dog that. Come on Emily, let’s give credit where credit is due. Doesn’t she know that there are collies and the rest are just dogs. To my highly advanced collie brain she is trying to disparage my breed, of which I might add there are more books and movies about the collie than any other breed.


And look at the newest story. If nothing else she should have called the Christmas story something like A Kebi Christmas or Kebi’s Miracle. To call it A Dog Gone Christmas, yeah it’s a sweet title and there’s a collie puppy on the cover but let’s give credit where credit is due, to Mom, and I might add the bestest mom in the world, next to Alison and even I’ll admit it Emily, at time.


Oops, got to go, I just heard Emily come up the drive and I don’t want her catching me writing this. She gets a little testy when I talk about her behind her back.

Emily Dahill, CID Part 1

Final Mission-After being seriously wounded in a copter crash in Iraq Sgt. Emily Dahill meets her new partner as she embarks on her new Army career as a CID agent. Who could this new partner be?
A Body in the Snow- Emily and her partner, Dakota, cross bullets with their most determined foe. Who will survive?

Right Place, Wrong Day-On leave to hang with friends Emily gets the surprise of her life.

Dog on Fishing-When it comes to knowing how to fish, and catch the big ones, never underestimate your partner. He might surprise you.



A Dog Gone Christmas


When a call for paws goes out, five friends bring their collies without question to a friend’s house. They learn the collies are needed to help seven children with the grief of losing a parent in Iraq or Afghanistan. Now, with seven friends, four collie yearlings and their mother, they set out to help the children
Not far away a mother hopefully leads her seven puppies to safety from a man intent on selling them for illicit purposes.
By a miracle of fate the two mother collies find each other right before the man sells the puppies.
That Christmas morning will be one the children will remember all their lives and they are united with the puppies.

For every copy of A Dog Gone Christmas sold I'll be making a donation to my local collie rescue group.


LINKS FOR EMILY DAHILL, CID PART 1
To request an autograph on your kindle (my author page)
http://kindlegraph.com/authors/ldowns2966
Buy links for Emily Dahill, CID Part 1-
Astraea Press
Amazon
Bookstrand
                                                      Links for A Dog Gone Christmas
To request an autograph on your kindle (my author page)
http://kindlegraph.com/authors/ldowns2966
Buy links for A Dog Gone Christmas
Astraea Press
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
All Romance





Leave a comment to what I can do to get my name in either the next book title or in the series name. The best answer chosen by Linna’s Taz will win a PDF copy of the latest book, A Dog Gone Christmas.

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic. Love the picture of Taz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, come on...give the collie some more credit and a whole steak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, have you seen the price of steak these days. And he only wants porterhouse, bone in

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just flabbergasted! I had no idea she treated you this way Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I know. But just wait until I have my book come out. Boy am I going to shake the Emily tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post :-) and a computer savvy dog, to boot! LOL Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Dakota, I know Lindsay, just nail her with your best puppy dog eyes and that steak is all yours, Baby! Talk about a softie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry, Now if I could just get him to write the books I'd be all set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHAH! This was fun! :D Go Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Dogs are the best! Yeah, if only we could teach them to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually Anita the only ones smart enough to write are collies

    ReplyDelete