Linna Drehmel(Louisa Albrect)









Sunday, December 11, 2011

CHALLENGE: CONFESSION #1 ALEXIA PURDY

IT IS MY PLEASURE TO BRING YOU MY CRUSHING HEARTS AND BLACK BUTTERFLY PUBLISHING SISTER AS OUR SUNDAY NIGHT'S CONFESSION: ALEXIA PURDY
Can’t say I’ve ever been asked what my worst work ever was before! Well then, think , think, think! Okay, I’d say that when I was in college, I started writing a romance/YA story that involved a young lady falling for an older man. Yes she was legal in age, but it got really boring at some point and I just abandoned it to never leave my desk drawer again. It had a horrible title too and I will not bother to bore you at the mention it. Okay, I will, ready to laugh? It was called Café Arizona. Bleh! Thank goodness I scrapped it, I was in a time of my life where finishing a novel just wasn’t gonna happen. It took time to get to my current dedication of finishing writing the books.
My best work, hmmm. I am new to this novel writing life and only have two full length novels out at this time. I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed writing book 2 of The Teleen Trilogy currently called Ash and Embers. I had so many ideas for it and it just poured out like crazy. I love dark Faerie tales and it is my baby series that has catapulted me into the writing world. Pretty happy with how it turned out. I did launch the series as a self-published author but it has been snatched up by my wonderful publisher Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing and will be re-launched in March 2012. The series will have new titles and a new look to boot. I’m so excited to see it getting this revamp and I will announce the new title of book 1 hopefully very soon.
Thanks for having me Linna!!!
-Alexia Purdy

No comments:

Post a Comment