Linna Drehmel(Louisa Albrect)









Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A BETTER LATE THAN NEVER CONFESSION

I AM PLEASE TO FINALLY BRING YOU THE CONFESSION OF A MAN WHO I THINK IS A LITTLE SHY BUT A GREAT WRITER:

JOSEPH DAVIS!


Confessions



I’m not really sure if I can say that I had a best and worst, but I do have favorites and least favorites.  I started writing initially as my own personal therapy and so when I sit down to write after going through a spell of not writing the story or theme written about reflects, not necessarily my mood or how I’m feeling, though that does happen from time to time, but more often how I want to feel or be.

My most favorite would have to be, absolutely my book, The Saga of Olav.  It was a work in progress for at least ten years and changed form and got revised several times before I was happy with the world construction and naturally the way the story would be written due to that process.  Even within that there are things that are my least favorite and that has wound up being something that I’ve passed off as being a part of the process.  It was, for me, a great accomplishment in that it was the first book that I published, even though it was self-published.  It was the act of publishing itself that was important to me.  I never was concerned with publishing and being a big name at a bookstore or on Amazon or anything of that nature, but I recently found out that a girl in Indiana is doing an accelerated book report on The Saga of Olav and that has been the biggest thrill for me, being a bookworm to know that someone out there loved my book as much as the books I grew up loving.  To me that’s greater than any award, or huge contract that I could get from a publisher or the literary community.  It is still a work in progress and soon I plan on going back to this world of an Industrial Revolution and Vikings to finish the next book in the series, The Saga of Maggnus.

My absolute least favorite would have to be a book of poetry that I also self-published before The Saga of Olav called Say it as One.  I like poetry and I’m good at writing it and have won a couple of awards with it, but for me it’s very simple to write and does not pose much of a challenge to me like switching from scene to scene, or keeping the story moving smoothly, or keeping a reader interested as I do in standard fiction.  All of the poems in that book are very personal to me and I have close to another book’s worth of poems, but I’m not certain if I will ever publish them.  When I published Say it as One it was more to actually publish something for the first time.  I had a lot of trouble ever finishing anything on my writing up until that point and I chose to put everything that I had at that time and put it all together and then sent it into Createspace because it was something that I could say that I had finished something.



Link www.createspace.com/3429521/ The Saga of Olav

1 comment: