Hello Madison welcome once again to my blog.
1) Introduce yourself again to my readers
MD: My names Madison and I write with the passion of an old musical composer. Music is everything. I am the author of the Ember series.
2) Tell us about your current publications
MD: First there is the Ember saga. Ember is out now. The next installment will be available in November. Both brought to you by the amazing indie publisher, Crushing Hearts & Black Butterfly Publishing.
I also have a new anthology called Beyond the Never that I have written with my most inspiring sisters in words...Alexia Purdy, Kyani Swanigan, Jenna Kay and yourself, Linna Drehmel. The book holds 10 dark, sexy and haunting stories of forbidden fairy-tales, nightmares and anything that goes bump in the night. It was a total blast to put together! My writing sisters are the best!
3) Tell us what you have coming up this year
MD: Writing, promotion, more writing, editing, promotion, editing, writing some more...shall I go on? Ha! Actually, I hope to meet some of my readers this year. I really want to say, “thank you” in person. My friends, followers and fans are my fire. I write for them completely.
4) What WIPs do you have going on right now?
MD: I have the 3rd book in the Ember series, AFTERSHOCK...it’s coming along nicely. I have a new YA/SCI-FI series that I hope to have ready for a very near future launch. It’s such a great ride and has an original cover design from one of my personal favorite artists! I’ll announce that as soon as I can. There is the possible follow up to OUR new anthology (Beyond the Never). Another new series, YA/APOCALYPTIC LOVE STORY, is plotted out. A horror story called STILL (adult), is scratching to get out too. OH, and a possible comic book/graphic novel too. (I always wanted to see Ember as a comic book!)
5) Who are your main musical muses?
MD: Too many to name. The Beatles, Queen, Aerosmith, Extreme, Muse, Garbage and anything Chris Cornell touches.
6) Do movies inspire you? If so what is your favorite?
MD: Completely inspire me! I write as if I was describing a movie. Moving eye candy! My fav is “The Crow” and “The Shawshank Redemption.” Both the eternal search for hope. “Aliens (#2)” and the “Kill Bill” movies are right there at the top too.
7) What inspires you other than music?
MD: Emotions. If you can’t feel it, it’s probably not worth writing down. Also, eye candy...an image can inspire a million words.
8) If you could live anywhere in the world where would that be?
MD: Somewhere with beaches, crystal clear water, lots of rain and a kick @ss internet connection!!!
9) What is the last place on earth you want to live?
MD: I can’t answer that yet...I haven’t been enough places yet. :)
10) If you could choose to be any gothic being what would it be? (Vampire, Werewolf etc)
MD: An immortal. Not a vampire though. More like Dorian Gray (without all the bad karma.) OR Highlander (without all the beheadings!)
11) If you could have lunch with a past historical figure who would that be and why?
MD: Cleopatra. I would love to sing for her.
12) I heard you are a good musician, please tell my readers about your music, do you sing? Play piano, guitar? Do you have a band?
MD: I play guitar, bass and a little piano. I sing like a mutha trucka!!! Always singing! Point me in the direction of a microphone and hold on! KA-BOOM!!!
Sadly, I think my band days are over. Though, I still joke around with a past bandmate about “getting the band back together” for one more show. There is a definite possibility of a duet session though. 2 boys and 2 guitars, rocking til the break of dawn! Who’s in?
I still write a little on the side too.
13) What do you think was the best piece of music ever written?
MD: Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata is almost perfect. Love it. But honestly, I don’t think “the best piece” has been written yet. :)
14) What makes a hero in your eyes? (I grew up in the military, mom dad and brother all served to me they are heroes)
MD: Sacrifice. Complete and unselfish acts of kindness. People who spend their whole lives bringing smiles to others lives. That’s a hero to me.
15) If you could make just one statement that the world would always remember you by what would it be?
MD: Music is life and the written world is our soul.
(OR...BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER...AND...PARTY ON DUDES!!!!)
MD: Thanks for having me again! I love it here! LIVE like you mean it! & DREAM out loud! ~ M.
*Come find Madiosn!